PAS78 - Conference and launch event
I spent to today in London at the launch event for Publicly Available Specification 78 - Guide to Good Practice in Commissioning Accessible Websites.
All in all, an interesting day, a good range of speakers, good case studies and good ideas. The PAS has been well positioned as a guide for the people who pay for website rather than as a guide for designers and developers, there are plenty of guidelines for developers and designers already.
Two key messages I took away are:
All in all, an interesting day, a good range of speakers, good case studies and good ideas. The PAS has been well positioned as a guide for the people who pay for website rather than as a guide for designers and developers, there are plenty of guidelines for developers and designers already.
Two key messages I took away are:
- When you commission a website delegate, don't abdicate responsibility.
- The effort you make to create an accessible website should be reasonable.
- I believe there are some distinct opportunities to help clients set their initial accessibility policies.
- Offering clients a range of usability testing by representative groups of disabled people will be critical for a credible accessible design solution.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home