Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sassenheim

I'm a novice when it comes to business trip abroad, in fact my trip to Akzo Noble on Monday (03/04/06) was my first ever.

The experience has pretty much put me off going again. The round trip began at 4am BST when I got up, breakfasted, showered etc. and drove of to Leeds Bradford Airport.

There I made the flight with seconds to spare, thanks to the slowest queue through security ever. I can't believe they are so inefficient.

The meeting was very useful with nothing to report here. It did however end at 1.30pm, meaning I got back to Schiphol at 2pm leaving with just a few hours till to departure, some 6 hours to be precise.

I couldn't check in for 4 hours as the system wasn't ready for me meaning I had 4 hours of wandering around a large shopping centre.

I check in at last leaving two hours till departure, after a nice large beer I casually wander over to the departures board. My flight is delayed. For 2 hours.

By the time I eventually board the aeroplane I've been in Schiphol for 8.5 hours. I get home at 1pm.

My day has been 21 hours long I can now answer any questions regarding Schiphol airport that you may have. I am a Schiphol trivia guru.

Why didn't I go to Amsterdam? Because I am a fool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home